Advice for applying to Google

“What’s beautiful about this approach is that a great environment is a self-reinforcing one: All of these efforts support one another, and together create an organization that is creative, fun, hardworking, and highly productive,”

Google’s hiring process is holistic and focuses on looking for a person who’s a great fit for the job, for Google, and for other things outside their core role. Each interview focuses on discovering a different aspect of a candidate’s strengths.

In my case, I went through five interviews focused on leadership, role-related knowledge, problem solving, and “Googleyness.”

Advice for applying to Google

Do your homework. Make sure you understand our vision, know our products, and are aware of how your unique story contributes to making Google such a special place.

Also, make sure you understand the role you’re applying for, the impact it brings to Google, and how your skills make you a great candidate for it.

Before applying to Google I spent days watching videos on Google’s culture and early days, read articles on tech trends and Google’s big bets, dove deep into product research, and reached out to my network for advice and feedback.

My second piece of advice: Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Asking the right questions is the key to gaining more insights, putting your curiosity to the test, and showing that you are eager to learn — that is at the core of being a Googler.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-what-its-really-like-to-work-at-google-the-worlds-most-attractive-employer-2015-9#ixzz3ky4n9Qlh

1 Like