How much could be the cost of a Freelancer from Romania?

I agree with you 100%. The reason I gave the salaried equivalent hourly rates is that I find the rates memtioned in earlier messages to be suspiciously low and probably not realistic at all.

I think a freelancer with enough demonstrable experience to qualify as a senior to architect will command a rate of 40 to 60 eur / hour, possibly more. That, for clients who do know that quality, predictability and speed of execution come at a price.

5 Likes

The downsize is that it becomes a good salary in western countries and it’s not worth so much to get workforce from far away: https://www.convertunits.com/hourly/60

Depends on whether the company is able to find a good architect or not. My new employer has at least 3 different types of architects, and they cannot rotate between the different project types. So it makes sense to work with people from the outside on a per-need basis.

I would be very interested to read this extensive topics
please copy/paste links I ll google translate and in case of misunderstanding I could ask the post owner.
When I says I m looking to find out the Fair rates I mean it but as said I need data.
Articles are interesting too.
My goal is to defend freelancers style of life not abuse it and in the same time as a business owner I don t want to be abuse.

this rate are same as basic rate in france for same profile, keep in mind depending on the country you live in cost of life is not the same. How do you explain to a US business owner that you cost the same as a US freelancer for the same profile while the cost of life in your country is different ?

1 Like

Some things are cheaper in US than in Romania. Electronics, food, gas, just as examples.

Not sure what you are saying but I like your tool.
based on that tool your are pushing me to believe more the rate calculation are correct as per example going top USD40/hour would represents the salary of a director in brand like Apple or maybe less famous but still recongnisable by us

You have a point here. I have a friend who is a full stack web developer, he works for a US business owner and he bought 3 villages in north west of Brasov. He is planning to go into real estate business and buy few more little towns near Constanta.

That’s what I heard too. A director at Apple has around $6500 per month, no? Amazing! He can buy a Dacia!

not IT rates

you seems to do a lot of jokes ! check your numbers

Sorry, I don’t understand you. I’m not joking. What numbers are you referring to?

what are you trying to say their ?

You said a director at Apple has 40$ per hour, which is what I heard too. So 40$ * 160 hours means around 6400$, no?

whst about your dacia comment ?

What about it? A Dacia is around 6400$, no?

reaching this kind of position, numbers of hours doesn t count anymore, you are paid to fulfill mission whatever the time, if you are extremely smart then 160h might be too much and reverse

i did not know, I thought it was more expensive

You are right and what you say makes sense to me.

What is the best advice you have for someone who wants to apply to work for you? Work hard?

Any tips to make it successful? You have a lot of experience and I am eager to hear your advice

1 Like

nothing special, @kilogrammer, pm me with a bit about your profile, we can keep in touch. but for now I really don t have project as I try to provide constant work to my current partners.
In general, for LAMP stack projects, I look for webdesigner, frontend, backend, sysadmin with devops spirit andproject manager with godd french level and communication skills.
But for now, unfortunatly, my business is not big enough to get a new team member.
And I try to keep, first in, first serve. I like to be loyal to my partner.