How much could be the cost of a Freelancer from Romania?

and you will not work for me but with me. this is important

Thanks. You look like a serious person I’d like to work for. I need to create my resume and I will send you my resume in the following weeks.

I don t know for the experience but with me I m really easy going as long as : you work hard, do your best, you are frank and honest and never hide stuff even if it is bad, I m not here to judge or criticize, only adjust project procgress and advise.
then everything is based on attitude: if you have a good will we will always find a way, at least I ll do my best, If you have bad will, I will know it and we will stop to work together.

do not bother writing a full resume, make me a bullet point of your skills and some code examples like github account and websites urls maybe a linkedin url and that should be enough.
My process usely involve a first paid project which let me have a taste of how you work and if we both are happy then we keep going, that s it.

do not try to upsell yourself, just be you and I ll try to find project which fits you.

My hourly rate is 35$ per hour. I hope it’s OK.

you know my rates calculation, I wrote it here, you know I will not go on that type of rate.

30 then 35, maybe I should wait. your rates seems variable

Funny thing is that these are salaries paid by a US company.

You have no idea how much people in US are making. In Sillicon Valley a person making 80k /year is considered to be poor. This is official information published by the state of California.

A Dev Manager would make 200k and a director at least 300k. Translate that into hourly rate and you will see that your statement is not true.

And for IT, salaries are slowly but surely being decoupled from the local cost of living and more correlated to value produced. Thus, the same work could be done by a consultant in US, France or Romania.

I found this: http://www.salarii-it.ro/salarii Probably not accurate, since people can enter whatever they want.
You can find wages there over 3000 euros/month, but they seem to be the exception, not the rule. You can even find wages over 4000, but those are… well, probably out of reach for most (what I’ve seen is ‘C++ architect’ which is very different than web developer).

1 Like

Actually after keeping a close tab on this topic, I,ve found your first post about the discussion between you and your partners regarding
Romanian freelancer’s rates more like an excuse or a smoke screen (sorry I don’t mean ti be rude). But I can understand it, you needed something to introduce yourself and your interest. We are not kids :grinning:. Dont’t get me wrong, I just don’t use to talk / write that much before getting to the point.

1 Like

some fresh full-time employment numbers, representing net monthly pay (for reference)

3 Likes

For a quick starting point regarding freelancer rates, you can do something like this.

Net monthly income to freelance/business monthly revenue:

• 800€ net income
  • 300-600€ taxes (labour and corporate, not VAT)
  • 200-300€ business expenses (accountant, software licenses, hardware, communications)
  • 150-300 10-20% profit margin & buffer
  • TOTAL 1500 - 2000 € revenue per month

Billable hours per month:

• 260 weekdays per year
  • -20 vacation days
  • -10 legal holidays
  • -10 sick leave, maybe a conference, other legal obligations
  • = 220 days per year / 12
  • = 18 days per month
  • x 7 billable hours per day
  • TOTAL 126 billable hours/month

HOURLY RATE: 1500 - 2000 / 126 = 12 - 16 € / hour + 19% VAT, if applicable

This is for a junior developer in a big city. You should 2x for a mid-level developer and 3x for a senior developer.

Not sure how they can have lower prices in western Europe, I have heard that argument before. The only way I can think of is bad math (inexperience), tax evasion (no business or invoices) or a very, very small tax on freelancers.

12 Likes

At 10E/h, any freelancer/company who pays its taxes would struggle. Invariably.
You can probably find one if you look long enough, but not one who values the work he does.
At 23 you’ll probable find a mid, or a good junior.

Think what you want, the people I work with know me better than you do and if they disagree with whatever I do/say they are welcome to speak with me.

It is easy to judge people based on our own fate or believe, more difficult to understand other points of view

About 16 euros / hour VAT included, right ?

Thanks @cristi_contiu, that s the kind of things I m looking for. Very interesting calculation method. I will have a deeper look into it when I ll be back from my trip.
Do you have any official sources for these numbers ?
Where does they come from ?

Interesting point : this is a US based company in New York.