Gameloft Cluj is looking for a senior C++ Game Programmer who is self-motivated, goal-orientated and a strong team player.
C++ Game Programmers are involved in designing and implementing 3D engines and gameplay mechanics on Apple, Android and Windows platforms, developing tools for 3D video games creation and participating in the creation process along with the game design and art teams.
Daily challenges include:
- Develop the game according to the game design document and the programming rules already in place;
- Integrate all elements of the product, including engine, user interface, graphics/animations and sound (if applicable);
- Work with the team to improve the production process and help in establishing best-practices;
- Document the code and design and share the information with the team.
Good skills in C++ and at least 3 years of experience in C++ programming;
Good knowledge in 3D mathematics (Linear algebra, arrays, vectors);
Experience with graphic libraries (OpenGLES 2.0/3.0/3.1, Metal, Direct 3D);
A creative problem solver, able to quickly learn and utilize unfamiliar concepts.
Considered a plus:
- Knowledge of the major 3D modeling and animation software;
- Knowledge of current game engines and tools (Unity/Unreal/Crytek/etc) or physics engines (Bullet/Havok/etc);
- Knowledge of online communication and networking technologies;
- Previous experience in video game programming or other 3D applications (personal projects/ applications accepted);
Why join Gameloft?
- Excellent Social Benefits (Medical insurance package, Gym facilities and swimming pool, free for employees, on site cervical massages on a regular basis)
- The offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package
- Career development opportunities
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
Why Join Gameloft Cluj?
Cluj is “the Heart of Transylvania”: a cosmopolitan European city and an important destination for business in South-Eastern Europe, with a remarkable potential for foreign investments
It is one of the most welcoming cities in Eastern Europe
Cluj succeeds in combining its history and architecture with the fresh and young atmosphere created by the city’s over 80.000 students
Our studio is very ambitious and fast growing - it opened in 2010 and we are now proud to have over 500 employees
Quality comes first: the perfect place for you to make a difference.
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.