Backend Developer (Timisoara, Romania)
Syneto develops a next-generation operating system for private clouds. We lead the way how people across Europe use and interact with their datacenter devices. Our products run operations for schools, managed service providers, newspapers and submarines.
You will be part of a young, results-driven team that is building Central, our cloud services platform designed to improve The Syneto Hyperconverged Data Management Platform and open the way to the future of IT infrastructures: the hybrid cloud. As the platform evolves, AI and Big Data will no longer be just buzzwords for you. We’ll get to surf the winds of change together and also have fun doing it. Best of all, your ideas and expertise will be highly regarded. You’ll feel pride in the work you do as your contribution will make our customers’ life so much easier.
One thing is for sure: you’ll never get bored in your day to day schedule with us. It’s in Syneto’s DNA to adopt new technologies early on.
As a backend developer for the Central team, part of your responsibilities will be:
- developing new features and implementing new technologies and frameworks;
- automating tests;
- maintaining and improving existing projects;
- contributing to estimates in order to ensure timely releases;
- collaborating with other teams to ensure our projects are properly integrated.
- 2+ years of programming experience;
- good knowledge of OOP principles;
- experience creating and consuming RESTful APIs;
- comfortable with command-line applications (Linux);
- eager to learn new programming principles, frameworks, technologies and even programming languages;
- is convinced that their career path is a continuous learning process.
- BS degree / MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent courses;
- 5+ years of programming experience;
- good knowledge of TypeScript, MySQL, Memcached, GraphQL;
- knowledge of design patterns, clean architecture, TDD;
- knowledge and experience building robust and scalable systems;
- capable of a high-level view of a project and considers various functionality aspects while programming;
- ability to train and coach other colleagues.
- Back-end: NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Memcached, JEST (unit/ API testing);
- Version control & CI/CD: Git, GitLab;
- Deployment automation and orchestration: Docker, Harbor, Kubernetes, PKS;
- Cloud platforms: Google Cloud.
- Competitive salary and compensation;
- Company performance bonus;
- Budget for conference travel and trainings (technical/language);
- Two weeks a year when you choose what to work on;
- Relevant work with modern, up-to-date technologies;
- Work in one of the few Romanian product companies. Quality really matters to us.
- Flexibility to choose from several career paths in a young and dynamic organisation;
- Very cool office in the city center (Piața Unirii);
- Healthcare – private medical package for you and your family members;
- Good coffee and fresh local fruits;
- Discounts for various services: dental, eyewear, restaurants;
- Home office up to 8 days per month.