The release includes:
- A Machine Learning API developed by Blizzard that gives researchers and developers hooks into the game. This includes the release of tools for Linux for the first time.
- A dataset of anonymised game replays, which will increase from 65k to more than half a million in the coming weeks.
- An open source version of DeepMind’s toolset, PySC2, to allow researchers to easily use Blizzard’s feature-layer API with their agents.
- A series of simple RL mini-games to allow researchers to test the performance of agents on specific tasks.
- A joint paper that outlines the environment, and reports initial baseline results on the mini-games, supervised learning from replays, and the full 1v1 ladder game against the built-in AI.