How to get to the job you want?

Right. Meanwhile, cherry picking some infrequent cases and generalizing from that is totally allright.

Perhaps for “outsourcing companies”.

But as a general rule, it’s a hard disagree here. 4-5K EUR as a regular employee is quite doable for startups / scaleups / product companies these days in RO. But what tends to happen is that the equity component becomes the main part of total comp - salary doesn’t grow that much after that.

1 Like

Not even for outsourcing companies (though there, it’s more rare), but some people who are underpaid or with median pay, have this tendency to rationalize that everyone who mentions a higher compensation (even if it’s a random person on a forum who has nothing to sell you on), is definitely lying.

This allows them to stay comfy at their current job, or at the most, try one or two interviews, confirm their pre-existing opinion, and then make generalizations about the entire market based on that 1-2 interviews, or their existing salary, or that one friend, or boards that show salaries from 2017 etc.

If one is skilled and attends many interviews, he/she will find that range is doable even on CIM, and in many cases, can be way higher (though for that, it’s more likely to achieve it via the SRL/PFA approach and/or equity). Or if they ask someone who works in recruiting etc.

3 Likes

Some statistics done with something more than fairy tale stories:

Salarii colosale în România. Cât a ajuns să câştige un programator (zf.ro)
Un salariu pe zi. Cât câştigă un programator Java. Salariul mediu al unui angajat care ocupă funcţia de programator Java este de 7.000 de lei net pe lună (zf.ro)

To be noted that the average can be misleading, as it’s typically bigger than the median in such circumstances.

Somebody was writing on another forum that he makes over 9 000 euros per month and he also gets yearly bonuses around that amount as well (Investitii anuale fara munca - Forumul Softpedia)

1. Study from eJobs. Wow. How many software developers do you know that get hired via eJobs nowadays (other than some juniors and / or interns) ? And how many job postings for senior developers ?

2. I wasn’t talking about the average, my response was a reply to someone saying “Nobody is paying 4-5k eur net.”

3. My initial post, to quote myself, was referring to a “solid senior dev”, not the whole market, where you have plenty of people who just got into the field or are not that experienced.

Also from INS. Which is way more than fairy tales on forums.

Or… ‘somebody’ (by the way, do you realize that the guy started with that post on that forum? How gullible can be somebody?).

Maybe that ‘nobody’ was a figure of speech, especially knowing that 95% of romanian programmers are way above the average of romanian programmers :slight_smile:

It’s very hard to find those and harder to hire them. They are often looking for more than money.

Also from INS. Which is way more than fairy tales on forums.

1- Your quote was not from INS.

2- Even the average from INS is higher than 7k lei (7750 on the last reading, to be precise). This figure includes salaries from CAEN codes such as 6209 and 6391, I wonder whether these bring the average up or down.

3- Bear in mind that there are way more junior&mid filled roles (not openings) than senior

4- We were talking about the current offers and starting salaries, not average existing salaries. Existing salaries are obviously lower than the current offers on the market (let alone the inflation in the past year) - if you were to leave your current role, in most cases you’d probably get a higher offer. There are many people currently earning X who would not even consider changing jobs unless there’s a 30-40% increase - obviously, that’s not the only factor, but still -.

What quote? I gave some links. From one of them:

As for the ‘somebody’, I was referring to the one on softpedia, which is almost certainly trolling people there.

As for the ‘somebody’, I was referring to the one on softpedia, which is almost certainly trolling people there.

Ah, ok, since you quoted me, I didn’t realise you were responding to someone else. Yes, that’s probably trolling.

Acest subiect a fost închis automat după 30 de zile de la primul răspuns. Nu mai sunt permise răspunsuri noi.